Born in 1963 in Landau in der Pfalz, after completing his schooling there at the humanities-oriented Eduard-Spranger-Gymnasium, Karsten Sawatzki studied medicine in Munich at the Ludwig-Maximilians-University.
In 1990, he completed a residency in ear, nose and throat medicine at the clinic of the Technical University of Munich and studied for a doctorate in traumatology of the mid-facial area under Professor Werner Mang.
After his military service in 1992 as staff surgeon in the military subdistrict command of Munich, he continued his residency at the head clinic of Ruprecht-Karls-University in Heidelberg.
Lindau Clinic on Lake Constance
In 1996, Dr. Sawatzki moved to the Lindau Clinic on Lake Constance belonging to the internationally recognized cosmetic surgeon Prof. Werner Mang and after completing his residency, continued to train in the field of plastic surgery, gaining a supplementary qualification in this field. After more than 10 years’ practical experience, in 2003 he settled in Munich at the Kunstblock, where he carries out his principal activity. He also operates on request in renowned clinics in Marbella.
Clinic Munich Germany
All aesthetic/plastic surgery is currently carried out at the Kunstblock under the direction of Dr. Karsten Sawatzki by highly qualified staff and an experienced medical team. His many foreign internships during his studies in Brazil and later in the USA, Europe and Russia have provided exchanges of knowledge and experience at international level as well as many memberships of professional cosmetic surgery associations.
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Lasermedizin [German Society for Laser Medicine]
- European Medical Laser Association
- Deutsche Vereinigung für Plastische und Wiederherstellungschirurgie [German Association for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery]
- American Academy for Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- Internationale Gesellschaft für ästhetische Medizin [International Society for Aesthetic Medicine]